Monday 30 January 2012

never liked it anyway.......

Due to my mostly mind numbing profession I have the pleasure of reading a great deal of financial press.  More often than not it can put my into a trance like stupor.  However, this week BRW magazine had a great little article about a website called Never Liked it Anyway.  So I investigated further through the marvels of google.

Never Liked it Anyway is a website that lets you sell the remnants of your broken relationships - for bargain basement prices. The first thing that caught my eye was a 1.33 carat pear shaped diamond ring, 'real world price' of $11,450 and 'break-up price' of $4,500! There were also never before worn wedding dresses, fur coats and plane tickets for honeymoons that were never enjoyed. 

There are three main ways in which to interact with this sight. Buy it,sell it and tell it.  The later was even more interesting than the chattels for sale. The tell it section is where all the merchants go to bitch about their exes. Needless to say I couldn't find any men in this forum - not to say there aren't any, they just weren't immediately apparent.  Tales of woe abound and it seems a good a place as any to anonymously get stuff off your chest, while selling the things that remind you most of your enemy numero uno.

I don't think I would ever buy anything off a site like this - too many bad feelings attached.  I do, however, think it's a great idea to give people an outlet for such belongs and stories.  There's even a 'Moving on Manual', why not?  It's like ebay with emotion and worth a browse.

No comments:

Post a Comment